Author Topic: How are the batteries holding up?  (Read 3422 times)

ecodweeb

• View Profile
How are the batteries holding up?
« on: March 22, 2018, 06:28:41 AM »
I have located and extremely low mileage enertia, however I am concerned that the batteries have degraded at this point in time. I do not have a lot of service history on the vehicle, nor do I have any way of checking the vehicle before I commit to buying it and having it shipped to me. I own a zero, and I know that it's battery is not in any way relatable to the battery used in a brammo. I want to believe that it will be perfectly fine, but I would like to hear from owners who have older models as to how your batteries have held up over the years.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How are the batteries holding up?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 07:52:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum.
I have a 2010 Enertia and the batteries are probably around 90% of what they were when new. It's a low-mileage bike.  However, I run the charger about 1.5 times a month, year-long.  I'd ask the owner to show you a start-up video showing the dash to make sure there are no fault codes displayed, at the very least.

You should know that Brammo has, basically, zero support for the bikes any more because they sold the electric motorcycle division to Polaris who has kind of abandoned it, so you will be on your own as far as any issues you may encounter. Still, depending on the price (and could you share that with us?), it might be a fun addition to your collection. I still love riding mine.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

ecodweeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 08:31:28 AM »
I can go a step further and show you the auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/183133149710?ViewItem=&item=183133149710

$3200, no bids. I have a quote of less than $1800 to ship it to my home on the east cost from Hawaii. $5k for a used electric bike is, in my opinion, a good price. However, I'm not certain how electrically and mechanically inclined I can become to swap out different/newer valence (right?) batteries. It would be a second bike, though I would probably chose it over the SR for my ever day commuting needs.

Full disclosure, this would be the 5th EV at my house and the second sight unseen EV purchase (the convertible smart has been the single best purchase I have ever made). I'm beyond devoted to the electric movement, and owning a piece of history is also part of the purchase equation. I've never seen an enertia in person, but there are 3 or 4 empulses that I see in the city. There are many less threads about problems that I see on this forum than comparable zero forums...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:33:21 AM by ecodweeb »

KaFr

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 02:27:18 AM »
Hello ecodweeb,
did you buy the Brammo Enertia Plus from Hawaii or someone else?
Ovaobike MCR-M 2022 #24
Victory Empulse TT 2016 #150
Brammo Enertia Plus 2013 #205
Peugeot E-Vivacity 2012 #978
Renault Fluence Z.E. 2012

Sethzor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 12:51:13 AM »
I run a company that does custom packs and the Brammo that we have from a customer from 2009 is down to 34mi on the display. We are working on a better easier swap for the Brammo/Victory line. It shouldn't be a nightmare to service pieces of history.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 10:33:33 AM »
Wish you the best of luck....  We can certainly use you....

Leander

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 04:22:41 PM »
keep us posted 8)

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 12:36:35 PM »
I would love to upgrade the battery in my Enertia to get more range and also my Empulse down the road though it would probably be pretty expensive.