Author Topic: NOT CHARGING IN TALENT OR  (Read 1298 times)

Gabe

• View Profile
NOT CHARGING IN TALENT OR
« on: April 20, 2018, 09:33:58 AM »
Hello everyone. This is my last attempt before giving up. Contacted Brammo, Polaris, Valance, Victory, old Brammo employees, Ashland Electric Bicycles, solar experts, etc.

Bike was ridden down to 5% battery. When I went to recharge it, it says "CONNECT AC POWER"

I've checked fuses, ANN150 fuse, I've disassembled battery pack and charged at 12 volts. Took my volt meter and verified that there's voltage going to the charger. I tried that little bottom on the ECU meant for when the bike runs too low on power.

Currently, I'm charging it with a 36V 1.5A charger. Only takes about 40 hours (per 3 batteries, meaning an 80 hour full charge) :)

I could get this back on the road with a cheap 72V charger and charge direct without the motorcycle recognizing it - but I worry about balancing cells and battery longevity.

Does someone know these? I feel like I'm pretty well versed on my understanding at this point. Does anyone have an extra charger laying around. Thanks!

Gabe
541 499 2662

Ndm

• View Profile
Re: NOT CHARGING IN TALENT OR
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 06:21:20 AM »
Check thunderstruck motors , they have the tsm 2500 which can be set up to your voltage and made to work with the bms, just a thought

Gabe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 10:50:02 AM »
Thanks for the advice! Impressive website!

Gabe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 12:10:14 PM »
They were unsure as well but thought maybe the bike wasn't charging because there were bad cells in the batteries, therefore the BMS wasn't communicating with them. I'm not sure i that's right though, because the "CONNECT AC power" problem started the same day I depleted my batteries.

Also a thought -

My bike ALWAYS shows battery level between 11 - 12%. I can charge all night using 36v chargers split into the battery pack and it still shows 12 %. Then I can go ride ten miles - still shows `12%

Please, does anyone have a few ideas? Thanks!