Author Topic: Tesla gets an "F" for customer complaint response  (Read 461 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Tesla gets an "F" for customer complaint response
« on: April 21, 2018, 08:01:32 PM »
According to an article in my newspaper today, written by Rex Crum and Ethan Baron of the Bay Area News Group, the Better Business Bureau has given Tesla an "F" grade for not responding to customer complaints and problems. Steve McFarland, Chief Executive of the Better Business Bureau for Silicon Valley and Los Angles said the the BBB gave Tesla an "F" grade because the company does a poor job of responding to the dozens of complaints from consumers who have been verified by the BBB to have bought Tesla products.

The BBB says that Tesla does respond to some complaints: Of 65 complaints about Tesla cars recorded by the Bureau, 23 were resolved to the customer's satisfaction.  In 10 cases, Tesla responded to the dispute but didn't make a good faith effort to resolve it, according to the BBB's data.  In 17 cases, the issue was addressed but the customer either didn't accept the response or didn't notify the Bureau about it.  In 15 cases, Tesla didn't respond at all.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tesla gets an "F" for customer complaint response
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 08:17:26 PM »
So bad for the ev industry.

Brammo used to be great about responding to complaints, but after the Polaris sale, there isn't any meaningful response.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 02:13:49 PM »
I've  heard a lotta bad stuff about Tesla lately like they won't pay their workers correctly for overtime.  Bad business practices, they seem like they're all over the streets now though so they must be selling well.
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 04:46:55 PM »
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in this report.  This is a case where the dealership model helps.  Reading the Tesla complaints I noticed the complaints are about Tesla the company.  For example, one complaint was about how deliveries of model X was not related to how much time has past since a deposit was made.  Looking at Ford, all of the complaints were related to a specific dealership.  No one complains about a dealership when a car is a lemon.  I think this is just more Tesla bashing via cherry picking of data.

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 10:53:04 AM »
People I know who own Tesla's always rave about the service they get from Tesla in Seattle.