Author Topic: Trade in---Trade up?  (Read 2285 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Trade in---Trade up?
« on: September 24, 2010, 04:00:36 PM »
Ok....I have a slightly complicated question.

Kinda got both the "Brammo Bug" (Brammo can trade mark that if they want :) ) and the "want to use my solar panels for all my transportation, so I have truly zero emissions" bug (not nearly as catchy).

So while I really want the Enertia 2.0 and have a deposit in on the Empulse 1.0 (love the looks of the Enertia, love the specs of the Empulse...figure I can likely mod out the Empulse to suit my driving style if the Enertia 2.0 doesn't either materialize or if it doesn't have the specs I desire), well I kinda hate waiting till mid 2011 for either one...or, gasp, later.

So...what is the deal if I buy an Enertia 1.0 today (or todayish) and want to trade it in for either the Empulse or Enertia 2.0 when they arrive next summer? (or you could just leak the info that the Enertia 2.0 will be coming sooner)....

Easy? Hard? Impossible?

Remember I'm in New Mexico...so I can't just drive over to Ashland and trade it in easily (though road trips are always fun :) )

Anyways...hate to spend 8k and then replace in six months (well what I hate most is telling my wife that is what I plan to do :0  she would be slightly unhappy).

Still, I don't like the idea of waiting 6 to 9 months for an electric 2 wheeler....gah...want one NOW. :)

But....well I can just practice the Buddhist side of me....be still...be still...

gah, never works...stupid brain....

so recap...if I buy now, how hard is it to trade in?

And...I ride year round. How does the battery do with temps in the teens? Single digit temps? Snow?

We don't get a lot...but some. And temps aren't often in the single digits...once or twice a year. But many mornings in Jan and Feb I ride and it is around 20 degrees or lower. Brrrr.

Thanks

Gavin

ps...some names for the Enertia 2.0....

Enertia MSER ---more speed, extended range...kinda like Miser
Enertia ESER---extra speed, extended range
along with Enertia plus or Enertia +
or Enertia EX (extra speed, extra range...kinda just extra)
or Enertia 2.0

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 04:05:52 PM by Gavin »