Author Topic: Alta Redshift SM vs Zero DSR  (Read 526 times)

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Alta Redshift SM vs Zero DSR
« on: September 23, 2018, 03:20:36 PM »
This was an interesting race, its more batteries and power versus less weight. The Alta sure can launch!  Hate to say it I think both of those bikes will beat the Empulse.

2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Alta Redshift SM vs Zero DSR
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 05:18:11 PM »
Thanks for posting that link. That was an interesting race. Of course, the results were not unexpected. Besides the Zero being much heavier than the Alta, I think Zero reduces the power at low speeds to keep wheel spin under control when coming off the line. However, both bikes would give a lot of ICE motorcycles a run for their money up to 60 mph, especially as most average motorcycle owners can't use the clutch all that well during a drag race. That takes a lot more skill to feather the clutch to get good performance off the line with an ICE bike than just twisting the throttle on an electric motorcycle.  :)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 08:49:06 PM »
I've ridden both....  The Alta will kick the snot out of the Zero DSR on any course with a turn in it....  Up to 80 miles per hours of course !!!!  The build quality of the Alta over the Zero is also night and day....  Sorry Zero owners....  The Alta is maximum fun and will make you laugh inside of your helmet....

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 12:09:40 PM »
I think had Brammo still been around making motorcycles and had a newer version of the Empulse out today, it would beat them both.  The technology in the Empulse R and even TT was mostly developed 6-7 years ago. 

I believe I was told some time ago (I could be incorrect) that the factory programming limits the Empulse to 75% power by default.  I wonder what how much faster it would be at 80% or higher

Leander

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 03:49:34 PM »
would love to unlock the empulse if that is the case.

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 07:07:42 PM »
Maybe the set it at 75% for longevity.  I wish we had something like a ludacris mode on our bikes =P  or the Alta's overclock mode.  I like how the Zero bikes have the app you can look at stuff and change settings, makes you wonder if the Empulse had kept evolving.
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 09:09:35 PM »
Totally AGREE !!!!  Oh, what the Empulse TT could have been....  Not Polaris' first mistake !!!!  (Victory)....