Author Topic: LED Headlight ...  (Read 3285 times)

Marin McGeough

• View Profile
    • Email
LED Headlight ...
« on: November 25, 2018, 08:39:38 PM »
I have a 2012 Brammo Enertia Plus ... I would like replace the headlight and the tail light with LED.
I'm thinking I just need an LED bulb for the tail light but for the headlight I might want to get a whole new headlight. Has anyone done this and can you advise me on what's best to get?
Thanks

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: LED Headlight ...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 01:12:25 PM »
I bought a red LED tail light bulb from Amazon and it works great and is super bright.  It was a couple years ago so I cannot remember the brand.

Marin McGeough

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 02:15:04 PM »
Thanks for that ... I just ordered the tail light on Amazon. When I have installed it, I will post how it looks and the brand name. I would still like to hear from anyone about the headlight LED conversion.

Cheers,

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 06:08:33 PM »
I did a similar thing with the front.  Bought a LED bulb from amazon and replaced the one in the headlight with it.  It wasn't a perfect fit.  I had to mod the back of the headlight to make the bulb fit because it was longer due to the built-in cooling fans.  The output is fantastic and super bright.  The only negative besides installation is that the spread pattern is a bit funky but better than the stock light for sure.

Marin McGeough

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 10:17:25 AM »
Thanks jazz999 ... I'm looking at getting a whole LED insert or replacement for the headlight ... I will post again when I find something that works.

Cheers,

Marin McGeough

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 11:10:14 AM »
I was talked out of going LED because of the fan issues so I decided to just upgrade to a high performance halogen bulb ... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KDO9C2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. The difference is amazing and it was quick and easy to install. See before and after pictures of low and high beam.
I also put LED bulbs in the tail light ... very dramatic difference ... when you apply the brake at night the car behind you glows red ... feels great to be a lot more visible. See pictures.

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 12:34:48 PM »
I didn't have fan issues with my LED headlight.  The LED bulb had a fan built in so it was a little larger at the base and didn't exactly fit the housing.  I had to modify the back of the headlight assembly a little but it was easy to do.  Been running it that way for 2 years, no issues.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 09:23:26 PM »
I didn't have fan issues with my LED headlight.  The LED bulb had a fan built in so it was a little larger at the base and didn't exactly fit the housing.  I had to modify the back of the headlight assembly a little but it was easy to do.  Been running it that way for 2 years, no issues.

+1 for 3 years.

KaFr

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 02:54:41 AM »
Hi,
I also consider replacing standard bulbs with LED bulbs inside the front and rear lights of my Enertia+.
What is the proven manufacturer and type of LED bulbs?
What is the size of the space for the LED bulb with the fan in the front light?
Is there a problem with error messages when using LED bulbs?
Ovaobike MCR-M 2022 #24
Victory Empulse TT 2016 #150
Brammo Enertia Plus 2013 #205
Peugeot E-Vivacity 2012 #978
Renault Fluence Z.E. 2012