Author Topic: Sur Ron Electric Dirtbike  (Read 447 times)

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sur Ron Electric Dirtbike
« on: December 06, 2018, 06:44:16 PM »
So I've always wanted an electric dirtbike but they're so much $$$$.  The Alta sit's over $10k and the Zero FX is about $10k.  The size of the Alta is a bit intimidating also it's a pretty tall bike.  Then I saw one of these a Sur Ron.  It's a Chinese Electric Dirt Bike.  It's kind of a hybrid of a mountain bike and a dirtbike motorcycle.  It has a top speed of 50MPH and a range of about about 50 miles.  Removeable 2kwh Panasonic battery pack.  Weighs about 100 lbs.  So it's specs would put it around a mini bike like my KLX140L.  They also sell a pedal kit for it so you can kinda "pretend" it's a 100lb mountain bike and ride it around the street.  Which I guess is fine if you keep it under 25MPH in the bikelanes.  It's like an electric bike on crack.  There is a sport and eco modes also, so if your going to ride around the city just put it in eco mode to limit it's power and stay under the radar.

Currently in the US a company called Luna Cycles in Socal is importing them and they have a new model the X Moto.  There's even a supermoto wheel kit coming out for it later.  One thing is they don't have titles.  I have heard you can Register it as an OHV and get a green sticker for it.  You just need to show the DMV your receipt.  Then you can blaze around your favorite motorcycle park zero emissions.  I'm not sure if you can make it street legal, you'd have to add mirrors and lights and stuff.  They're selling them for about $4k and after taxes and shipping it winds up somewhere in the $4500 range.  If it was just a little bit cheaper like by $1k I'd snatch one up because for 4.5k I could probably get a used dual sport or dirtbike.  It probably so compact and light I could just throw it into my van and not worry about fuel spilling everywhere.

2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Sur Ron Electric Dirtbike
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 08:24:28 PM »
And then we have this off/on road moped made in Canada, which they claim is the World's first electric "scrambler". Kind of like a heavy electric mountain bike. ;) But I do like the seat.   ;)  Not a bad price for an e-bike, considering what you are getting in the way of a chassis and power train, though.

It is amazing how many random electric vehicles are being introduced on the internet.  It will be even more amazing if more than a few of these big ideas ever make money for their inventors.   ???  https://electricmotorcycles.news/suru-introduces-the-worlds-first-scrambler-e-bike/
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sur Ron Electric Dirtbike
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 10:23:42 PM »
Cool it doesn't look like it'd be the best off road bike, it's lower priced though.
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139