Author Topic: Tach not working  (Read 1231 times)

Cross4u

• View Profile
Tach not working
« on: March 16, 2019, 03:03:32 PM »
Has anyone had the tach become frozen while ridding?  I stoped the bike and it didn't reset to zero.  The next day the tach reset to zero but it took longer than normal before I could start ridding.  Is there a problem with the computer or the tach?   Thanks

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Tach not working
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 04:38:46 PM »
This happens to my tach every time the weather gets hot and the sun shines directly on the dash while parked.

I suspect there's a brass bearing that expands and seizes the shaft that drives the indicator.

It has always returned to functioning normally once it has cooled down.

Since, by now, I pretty much know when to shift based on speed, I no longer spend any energy worrying about it.

Leander

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 04:46:37 PM »
had that problem my self. in the summer when it was very hot.
never seen it since.

new-brammo-guy

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 08:27:23 PM »
Wanted to report a similar (but different) issue I had with my tachometer (details below). After turning the bike on/off, charging partially a few times, etc. the tach went back to zero. But then popped back up to a random spot again when I turned it on and seemed stuck again. But then the bike reached 100% SOC and now it seems working again?! I'll let you know if it stops working.

Details of issue:
I was out riding my 2016 Victory Empulse TT with 2.1k miles when the tachometer started acting odd. I had just accelerated in sport mode to cross a road.

It wouldn't go back to zero RPM as it should and would softly land somewhere way higher than it should - almost like it's stuck. It seems mechanical in nature though I haven't opened up the display.

It was 65F outside and I wasn't riding the bike hard, so it wasn't because of ambient or internal heat.