Author Topic: Recharged and balanced six dead batteries  (Read 2874 times)

09enertia

• View Profile
Recharged and balanced six dead batteries
« on: March 24, 2022, 01:56:35 AM »
I'm reposting my response to another thread in case it helps anyone: I had left my Enertia unplugged for two years and it wouldn't turn on. Took out the six batteries and they were dead, no blinking lights. I used a simple 12 volt trickle charger to wake up each one and each red light started blinking. I then used a Noco genius 2 and charged each one for a day or two up to 50 - 80% but when I put them back in the bike they wouldn’t keep their charge, dropping about 3% per day. I took the batteries out again and charged them individually again all the way to full. Then I connected all the positive terminals with four gauge wire and all the negatives the same. Then attached the positive charger clamp to the first positive terminal and the negative charging clamp to the last negative terminal and charged them all together. This got them all really close to each other on the multimeter readings, around 14 volts. Then I took off the charger and let them rest still parallel for a day and they balanced perfectly around 13 volts. Put them back in the bike and now it charges and runs fine.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 12:17:23 AM by 09enertia »

moose600

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Recharged and balanced six dead batteries
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 10:47:28 AM »
Nice!

Korbin Dallas

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 05:03:06 PM »
Very interesting. could work on all batteries in different bikes.
Thank you for posting this.

2013 Brammo Empulse #602 INOP Sold
2016 Victory Empulse #199
2003 Suzuki SV1000S

Epicurus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 07:57:44 PM »
What kind of trickle charger did you use?