Author Topic: accelerator  (Read 476 times)

09enertia

• View Profile
accelerator
« on: June 29, 2022, 12:29:44 AM »
After 12 years of riding almost entirely on local streets, I recently started riding my 09 Enertia on L.A. freeways due to a new longer commute. Over 50 mph, it started to seem like the bike was gradually accelerating - although the throttle was not engaged. At first, I thought it was just from going downhill, but today it was very noticeable that the bike wanted to keep going faster, and I had to keep braking to prevent it. Suddenly, the bike shut down with a message something like "Thermo override." So, I coasted off the freeway and turned off the bike. Now the bike turns on, but no throttle response - it will not move or accelerate at all. I'm guessing it blew a fuse or melted a wire. I'll open it up and check. I wonder if anyone has had the same issue before with a stuck or burned out accelerator.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: accelerator
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 09:49:03 AM »
That sounds frightening.  Riding on LA freeways is already pretty scary.

Sorry, never had anything like that happen with a throttle. I have gotten the thermal overload message, but the bike would just go into a low energy mode that would allow me to get to the side of the road and then I'd let it cool down for about 10 minutes and start up again and be fine.

I hope you get some answers, either by opening it up or here on the forum.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

09enertia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 02:32:29 PM »
I don't see any damage to the wiring and connectors for the throttle.
It seems like there are a few possible other issues.

1. Fix the sticky throttle.
Does the Enertia have a "throttle body" like a regular motorcycle?
Does it need to be cleaned?
Does anyone know where it is?

2. Test the fuses with a multimeter. Replace a bad fuse if needed.

3. Hit the reset button to turn off the service message.

09enertia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 01:27:12 PM »
Is there anyone in L.A. who could look at my Enertia?
Does anyone know how to run a diagnostic or clear the H34 code?

Last time I called Hollywood Electrics, they said the guy who worked on Brammos isn't there anymore.

The throttle won't engage and there's the error code "H34 service required." Fuses seem okay.
I tried pushing the reset button inside the bike to clear the code, but that didn't do anything.