Author Topic: East Coast  (Read 2570 times)

Joshflighter

• View Profile
    • Email
East Coast
« on: February 26, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »
So I did a bit of research and came to the conclusion that Brammo isnt that big around the east coast (USA or Canada).
So I was wondering when Brammo might be selling their bikes at an outlet, for this part of North America.
I am Canadian (From Ontario) and am planning to buy my first bike in the coming year, but sadly I don't think I can with the options I have.
I wouldn't mind going across the boarder even, to pick up a bike.
My question is: When will Brammo be coming to Canada, and when will Brammo be having outlets for the East part of America or Canada?
Thanks. :)

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: East Coast
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 01:02:07 AM »
I live on the East Coast. Well, pretty close to it anyway. Last week, I pre-ordered a new 2011 Brammo Enertia Plus. It will probably be a 2012 model before it gets to me, because I'm 897th on the list. Brammo will be shipping the Enertia+ to me when the time comes. Order one, I wouldn't worry about when they come to the East Coast or Canada. They'll just ship it to you.

SamM

Joshflighter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 05:27:26 PM »
Are they charging you for shipping? My concern is the boarder, I don't know who handles that; the buyer or the seller?
Also, thanks for replying. :)

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
I was charged about $500 in shipping from Best Buy when I bought my Enertia last year.

Best Buy (the seller) arranged it, and I (the buyer) paid it.

I checked around and it was a fair price to pay based on alternative shipping companies at the time.
When my Enertia arrived, I found it strapped into a metal frame and base. The frame was covered with heavy-duty cardboard .

I have not required Brammo service help yet. A local motorcycle shop could do most of all the service I would need. A local Brammo shop is not needed in my opinion. If a special Brammo component needed repair or replacement, I would use FedEx and a support call for instructions.

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 09:11:58 PM »
Are they charging you for shipping? My concern is the boarder, I don't know who handles that; the buyer or the seller? Also, thanks for replying. :)

Over the years, I have purchased many motorcycles. If you check the fine print and the not so fine print, most manufacturers charge a destination fee. The dealer then passes this charge onto the buyer. It would be the same with Brammo. The shipping fee is the same thing. I recently shipped a KLR650 to Texas. It cost me $550. Which was a fair price in my opinion. If Brammo comes fairly close to this, I'll be happy. I'd like to see a Brammo dealer here closeby but at this point, it may be too much to ask.

If you are talking about the border, as in the Canadian border, the bike would have to go through customs. You'll probably have to do that yourself. It must meet Canadian import specifications. If it passes that, you should be good to go. I'd check with Brammo to see if it is certified in Canada and meets their regulations. If not you might not get the bike as customs may not release it to you or if they do, it could just be an expensive yard toy and not useable on Canadian roads. Call Brammo and ask!   

SamM

Joshflighter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 11:10:44 PM »
Thank you both for the information!
I will inquire more about this and post if I found out prices. :)