Author Topic: Ask a Brammo  (Read 9034 times)

SocalTech

• Enciter
  • My next bike
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ask a Brammo
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 11:19:11 AM »
Subject: Tail light
I think a thread might have been deleted that touched on this issue.  Someone was modding their own LED tail light, and ... BrammoBrian, I think, mentioned that the tail light on the Enertia was the same as on the ... Suzuki something? 

Anyone remember?

I think it is the same as the SV650

try here for the clear LED version

http://clearalternatives.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CA&Product_Code=CTL-0015-L&Category_Code=SV1000

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
Thanks, David.  I thought it might have been the SV650.  And double thanks for the link.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

GeorgeS

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 02:16:54 PM »
Dear Brammobrian,
Could you please give us an update on the Empulse development program and or any news on the production schedule-Thx-GSB

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 03:24:20 PM »
Hi George. I can't give you an update, but, like you, I am hopeful that someone from Brammo will drop in soon and share some news with us. Keep watching this space.  .  . .

GeorgeS

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 05:06:13 PM »
Hi George. I can't give you an update, but, like you, I am hopeful that someone from Brammo will drop in soon and share some news with us. Keep watching this space.  .  . .

Couldn't you call Craig. He owes you one from that time in high school when he stuffed you in that locker. Just curious, what instrument did you play in the band??

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 10:44:52 AM »
More information about this on this thread, but I was wondering if a Brammo Tech would care to comment on the question of installing the Wolo Bad Boy horn on an Enertia.

GeorgeS

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »
Brammofan,
If they are scheduled to start production in Europe in April, 2011 in European Flextronic plants do you thing that means we could see Empulse production start a little earlier in the US??--GSB

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 11:18:35 AM »
Well they are building a new Factory in Ashland. But it won't even be done till spring.

Of course I don't know what the Factory is for...Enertia, Plus, Empulse?? Or other? Or just offices and sales and design?

Anybody know when the factory will be done and what it is being built for?

Gavin

factory clearing...

A lot of progress. The idea is to get the bridge done, all the infrastructure in and the water, gas, electric and Fiber in before winter, rock down and ready to pave first thing in the spring.

So actually paving in spring, factory much later?? Or can they build factory over winter and just need warmer weather for the paving part?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:22:05 AM by Gavin »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 11:32:01 AM »
Wish I had answers to those questions, but I don't. My experience has been that they do provide the answers -- you just have to be patient.

GeorgeS

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 02:46:55 PM »
I bet paving is last. Have you guys ever been to Ashland?? I have but it was before I knew about Brammo being there. It's a nice little town. If you go make sure you do the Brewery. Good food and of course good beer. They bring out a sampler of all the diff beers then you order what you liked best.--GSB

webman

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 07:01:24 PM »

A lot of progress. The idea is to get the bridge done, all the infrastructure in and the water, gas, electric and Fiber in before winter, rock down and ready to pave first thing in the spring.

So actually paving in spring, factory much later?? Or can they build factory over winter and just need warmer weather for the paving part?
[/quote]

Gavin:

They need to do the foundation & concrete work before winter sets in, as placing reinforced concrete in winter is complicated, to say the least.  Much of the rest of the work can proceed in winter, with some caveats.
I hope this helps,
eric the architect
aka the webman
webman, aka eric

brammo vehicle desired:  Empulse 8.0
current rides:  '97 yamaha seca II (low miles, but beater)
'06 honda metro (wife's bike, mostly)
previous bikes:
'97 ducati monster 750
'91 yamaha FZR600
'84 Honda VF750 Interceptor

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 10:45:49 AM »
We hear the requests for updates on release schedules for Empulse and Enertia Plus.  We will not release anything official most likely until the beginning of the new year as there are some pieces that need to fall (get wrestled?) into place to give better visibility on timing. For the record, the progress on the new Brammo facility does not directly impact either of these development schedules.  I will provide more information as it becomes available or I am cleared to release it... Thanks for your patience! 

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2010, 12:22:53 PM »
Cool...thanks Brian...it is just good to know that Brammo is keeping an eye on us here :)

As for the Factory...Offices, Sales and Product development...

Not product making...guess that is elsewhere

Gavin

Ps...Brammo site now says: Available Mid 2011 for the Plus...so it seems Summer would be the latest info...at least till the beginning of the new year. I shall endeavor to be patient, but it was never a strength of mine :) 

and i was hoping to put some cold weather miles on a Brammo this winter to see how she does in chilly mornings...guess that will wait till next winter.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 12:27:13 PM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2010, 02:43:14 PM »
Brian....Enertia Plus top speed...any info available on that at this time?

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 09:31:10 AM »
Best Buy has run trials with the Mitsubishi MiEV, and now they will sell a fast DC charger for it.

What technical roadblocks exist that prevent the Empulse and Enertia (especially Plus) from charging on a standard DC fast charger? (if one exists - the Volt and MiEV have different branded chargers, not sure if they are standard interfaces)
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/