Author Topic: Interviews on TTXGP video from Laguna Seca  (Read 673 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Interviews on TTXGP video from Laguna Seca
« on: January 24, 2012, 11:10:12 AM »
Looks like TTXGP was able to get some of the interviews from the 2011 Laguna Seca race.  BrammoBrian is there (although his name is bit misspelled). It's obvious that everyone interviewed is pretty awed by the Mission Motors bike. 

The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Interviews on TTXGP video from Laguna Seca
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 08:08:07 PM »
I can genuinely say I feel they were all awed by the wrong thing.  What Mission did was impressive, but all they did was give Steve Rapp what he needed.  Mission had the fastest rider, that's why they won.  They had a faster bike, but it isn't that much faster.  The chassis was probably better sorted than all but the Brammo (maybe the MotoCzysz is on par too), but they didn't have to deal with a Brammo with equal power.  They also had the biggest battery pack and the heaviest bike there. 

I see next year as being the year that the riders will make all the difference instead of most of the difference.  If Steve-O can bring his A+ game to Laguna and step his abilities up to Steve Rapp levels, Brammo will bring the bike.  Assuming they run this year, of course. 

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Interviews on TTXGP video from Laguna Seca
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:33:50 PM »
Interesting video, neat to see what each racer or team was thinking leading up to the race.

Mr. Barnes' (Lightning) final comment re: not wishing malfunctions on anyone was somewhat ironic given the presumably sagging batteries that cost Lightning second place at the last moment.

The smaller efforts were interesting too .. such a contrast between the teams that have hundreds of thousands of dollars in their race bikes and the teams that could have built the bikes in their garages. Hopefully Ely Schless (remember him?) will continue to race.

Zero's racing effort looks like it had very limited development time, I'd love to see them come back for 2012 with a top-class entry. They DNF'ed during the race, not sure why..
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/