Author Topic: Our Demographics  (Read 52704 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Our Demographics
« on: January 24, 2012, 02:49:55 PM »
I just saw this over on the Tesla forum and thought it would be cool to give it a try over here.
Here's the original post from their forum:
I am curious as to what type of people the reservation holders are. Let's share some personal information while we wait for our babies to come.
I am a 48 year old internist. I have been in practice in Gurnee Il for 20 years. Married, 2 teen boys. My hobby is building wooden ship models. I drive a Chevy Volt. Now you know!
So, age, career/job, location, marital status, kids, hobbies, what you're driving/riding now.  I'll start.

I am a 50 year old federal government employee (lawyer) in Kansas City, Missouri, who's been at this job for about 25 years.  Married.  Four kids (age range: 22-10).  My hobbies are EV enthusiast?, camping, corporate stalking, and geocaching.  I am driving a Honda Pilot and riding a 2010 Brammo Enertia.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:42:07 PM by Brammofan »
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Our Demographics
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 05:15:19 PM »
I am a 41 year old Corporate Controller in Massachusetts (Conservative, not a Democrat), Married 17 years, 2 daughters whose ages are 14 & 12. I am into snowboarding, exotic plants, mtn. bike riding, and playing cards. My cage is a 2004 Ford Taurus; my ride is white 2010 Brammo Enertia #109.

Mr.Rodgers

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 05:19:06 PM »
Market Research
DC area
No kids
Sports(I try to participate more than spectate), investing, tinkering on the car, bike, or house
I drive either a 1989 Porsche 944 S2 or a 2006 Toyota Corolla
(somewhat)Patiently waiting

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 05:47:56 PM »
32, Married with no kids... yet, one on the way :)
Network Engineer / Programmer (11 years)
Littleton, CO
Hobbies: Snow Boarding, Mountain Bike Riding, Bow Hunting, Motorcycle Riding... Talking sense into EV nay sayers using simple to understand numbers and logic.
2012 Cruze ECO, 2007 GSXR 750

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 05:56:42 PM »
I'm 67, been riding for 50 years for almost every day. I have owned 40 motorcycles and accumulated almost 800,000 miles on two wheels.

I am retired from a city engineering department, where I worked for 35 years.

I currently have 6 motorcycles: a 2002 Yamaha FZ1, a 2005 Triumph Bonneville, a 2006 Suzuki SV650, a 2007 BMW R1200R, a 2009 BMW F650GS and a 2010 Electric Motorsport GPR-S with 24 dead and dying 50 Ah Hi Power batteries.

I own one car: a 1998 Saturn SW2 station wagon with almost 21,000 miles on the clock.

I have a married daughter and two granddaughters. She owns two motorcycles (a 1981 BMW R65LS and a 2003 Kawasaki 250 Ninja) and her husband owns two VFR's, a 1986 700 and a 2000 800.

I like to ride my motorcycles into the Santa Cruz Mountains and go hiking, as well as going on camping trips. I also like reading and learning as much as I can about motorcycles.

I am waiting for another electric motorcycle to arrive and hope that I can finally get rid of the GPR-S to someone who can make it run again.   :o
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 06:52:13 PM »
I'm 54, software engineer in the Portland OR area.  Married with two our of the house kids.  Hobbies includes motorcycles and kayaks.  (The lastest kayak uses a recumbent bicycle/prop drive).  Currently driving a '10 Prius and '07 Suzuki Vstrom 650.  Been riding motorcycles for a bit more than 25 years.  I have owned 20+ bikes over the years.  Ordered Empulse 10 in July 2010.  My work has put in a charging station and even looked up the Empulse dimensions so the bike will have its own space behind the station.

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 07:19:37 PM »
Littleton, CO
Hobbies: Snow Boarding, Mountain Bike Riding, Bow Hunting, Motorcycle Riding... Talking sense into EV nay sayers using simple to understand numbers and logic.

I live not too far from EmpulseBuyer.
I'm also a geek (15 years) and not too much older than EB.
Same hobbies except for the bow hunting thing. (bow hunting?  Seriously?  Can I lend you my shotgun?)
I'm the guy giving +1's to EB's posts against EV nay-sayers.
My 2-wheeled ride is a 'zuki SV six-fiddy.  

Oh, and I don't have any kids of my own at home, but it looks like EB's going to be raising one of mine for me...   ;)

I keed, I keed....   ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:23:27 PM by 1416 »

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »
Littleton, CO

I live not too far from EmpulseBuyer.
I'm also a geek (15 years) and not too much older than EB.
Same hobbies except for the bow hunting thing. (bow hunting?  Seriously?  Can I lend you my shotgun?)
I'm the guy giving +1's to EB's posts against EV nay-sayers.
My 2-wheeled ride is a 'zuki SV six-fiddy.  

Oh, and I don't have any kids of my own at home, but it looks like EB's going to be raising one of mine for me...   ;)

I keed, I keed....   ;D

LOL, another funny guy!! :) Brammofan, youre not alone. Gavin probably falls under the funny guy category too... 1416 youre a regular at ABG, right? Anyway, another thread... I dont mean to hijack this one.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:24:57 PM by EmpulseBuyer »

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Plug Bike
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 08:43:15 PM »
I'm a 36 y/o website Performance Analyst that has been in IT since '98. I live in far west chicago suburbs.

Married with two boys.

I ride and have an strange desire to learn all trivial details of anything with 2 wheels. Love bikes and most people who ride them.

I learned the value of community forums back in '99 when I got my sv650. You learn *a lot* and make great friends. I have built and run forums since '05.

I tend to buy bikes that are a good bang for the buck or break the mold. Yes my friends pick on me for it. :D I currently ride a DRZ400s and a Hyosung GT250R. I prefer dirt.

I drive a Nissan Xterra.

---

Http://twitter.com/skadamo
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:24:47 AM by skadamo »

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 09:54:34 PM »
I'm a 40 year old software engineer in the computer games industry. ;D
I live in Orlando, Florida. I'm currently engaged, and don't have any children.
I used to ride an old Kawasaki 750 Ninja, until it required more attention than I was prepared to give it, and so I gave it to a mechanic friend of mine to play with.
I currently drive a Chrysler Town & Country (mini van), but the poor gas mileage and ever increasing fuel costs is "encouraging" me to get something else soon. (Like a Brammo Empulse!)
Richard #935 #595 #44

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 11:04:52 PM »
28 years old living in the suburbs of Chicago.  Work primarily in Technology Transfer for the Dept. of Energy, and teach the basic rider course for the MSF.  Currently driving an '04 V70R during the winter, and also have a Mazdaspeed Miata for summer fun.  I do more miles on the bikes than the Miata annually, though.  '03 SV650 is mainly track duty, and also sport a 1098S for street (the Empulse will probably replace this one).  I spend a lot of time doing indoor go karting, and my girlfriend has me doing ballroom dancing lessons - which is more fun than it sounds.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:37:21 PM by 00049 (AKA SopFu) »
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 02:01:19 AM »
I'm a 29 year old software developer. I worked as a contractor for a county in Norcal, but now work as a software consultant for a fortune 100 healthcare company in Scottsdale, AZ
I ordered 'my' Empulse 10 pretty much as soon as pre-booking opened and my number is in single digits :)
Hopefully I'll get it before my 30th birthday...
I'm single, no kids as far as I know :D
My hobbies include - adventure sports such as rock climbing, hiking, camping, snowboarding ( Just started this January), working on my house, woodwork, staying abreast with the latest in technology, gadgets, cooking, etc etc
I presently don't have a motorcycle, I rode a scooter in college...
I drive a 2006 Acura Tl, it's decent on gas when I treat it right 19 city 29 freeway. But since I drive fairly aggressively I tend to get 21 ish...
I've been tempted multiple times these past few months by the ducati monster 696/796, but I'm holding on...

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 04:22:31 AM »
I'm 43 years old, working as a developer in a multimedia agency making web games for kids and educational tools. Married, 2 children: a boy of 4 and a girl (she lived to be 4 but died 3 years ago - she had a heart defect from birth) and living in Amsterdam (Netherlands).
Messing around with computers and mobile devices is my job but also my main hobby.
I drive a '92 Suzuki Intruder 750 to work in the city, about 7 miles one way, slowly passing the constant stream of cars trying to get into the city too.
I feel increasingly embarrassed about the smell and noise it makes when waiting at traffic lights so that's why I preordered a black Enertia+ in november 2010. Waiting patiently... (not)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:25:10 AM by FrankH »

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 09:26:15 AM »
career/job: Computer helpdesk (second line)
marital status, kids: No wife(s) no kids
hobbies, what you're driving now:  Driving my old motorcycle (CB twofifty) around in Europe and spreading the ev-word (not easy if you don't have one (hint)).
hoping to (test) drive a Enertia+ real soon...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:32:01 AM by CBke »
CBke

05Sultan

• Enertia Master
  • Machina #1065 Empulse
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 09:44:58 AM »
Age 57 and a chemical process unit operator for a large oil company for 16 years. Married 31 years with one son. Drive a 2001 Honda Civic 2dr. Not had a bike  since 1975(Harley TT250).Coach Freshman football some years and been Friday night chain gang for last 10 years. Hobbies include fishing,scale model armor and diorama building,collecting old rifles and target shooting. I'm drawn to the Empulse because of  it's  extreme innovation,design, and style. It will most likely be the final argument to solar power the home in a year or 2. Great Forum here! ;)
mmmm,wife still doesn't know I ordered the bike.......
 ::)
"I just drank what?"-Socrates