Author Topic: Enertia Plus announcement  (Read 8516 times)

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
Re: Enertia Plus announcement
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 02:16:18 PM »
So... a late reply from me out of the gloomy Netherlands, where we are being kept blissfully unaware of all this happy news.
I looked at the Euro price listed now on the pre-order page, and that doesn't look too bad to me: €8,655 includes VAT. Do you think that's going to stay like that? It used to be around the same amount in Euros as the dollar price...

If only I could hijack one of your bikes when (if?) they are shipped from Hungary through a port near here...

I'm still sad (and a little angry now) that Brammo doesn't bother telling me what's going on, and how or when my pre-order will become real.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 02:26:48 PM »
I'm still sad (and a little angry now) that Brammo doesn't bother telling me what's going on, and how or when my pre-order will become real.

I feel your pain. The truth of it is that the availability of your bike really depends on how many people before you drop out. I recently got an email from Adrian (i.e. Brammo) in reply to an inquiry that I had about being able to ride my Empulse to the TXGP World Championship in October.

"Wether you will have your bike by then is another matter, it really depends on how many people in front of #935 either cancel or defer their orders…..

If no one does then its unlikely we would get to #935 by October………. Sorry I can’t be more precise"
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 03:17:57 PM »
Also, the announcements/emails for the Enertia Plus have, I think, only gone out to USA pre-orders.  Just guessing here, but it's likely because EU homologation has not taken place (or been completed, at least).
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »
Got my e-mail from Brammo Wednesday.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »
I will agree that Brammo could explain the price increase to us a bit....it is not an insignificant amount and it was sudden...
But Gavin, that assumes they have any clue what CRM stands for! :)
And they demonstrably don't.  :(

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »
hmmmm, I might have dyslexia...I thought you were giving me the acronym for Cry Me a River....

Gavin

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 06:07:43 PM »
Whatever happens, I am really looking forward to having all of the Zero and Brammo models on the showroom floor in 2012. It looks like there will be a model for just about every taste and need. However, my guess is that the prices will keep the market limited to retired Baby Boomers (more like a War Baby in my case) like me who have their home paid off and a nice retirement plan and single, Silicon Valley-type workers, with big paychecks and a love for electrical stuff. Or am I over simplifying things again.   ;)

I guess I read that wrong "Over payed Silicon Valley-types" lol
but either was I guess that puts me in the second category...

Looks like I joined the party late, yet again...
if the plus starts coming out in June, I don't think I'll be riding my empulse anytime soon...
Just saw the zero s ZF9, doesn't look too bad, but I still prefer the empulse...
But I'm still tempted to just say "Hell with it all, I've waited too long, I might as well buy a
 Ducati Monster 696 (http://goaz.com/bike.php?bike_id=685&landingpage=blue) and call it a day"....
Realistically, it costs $9295 and will probably be about 5K cheaper than the empulse...
My annual savings on gas will probably be about 1000 the electric route over 5 years it ends up costing me the same as the empulse (plus maintenance costs :D)
Argh!!!
come out with it already... I'm getting old, I'll be in my third decade by the time I get this thing if I'm patient...