Author Topic: March 31st Newsletter....  (Read 1341 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
March 31st Newsletter....
« on: March 30, 2012, 09:15:55 AM »
Check your emails...

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: March 31st Newsletter....
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 09:20:06 AM »
I need to double-check with Brammo.. I've gotten a few communications from them, but I'm not convinced I'm on their preorder mailing list.

Someone update please : )
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Mr.Rodgers

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 09:20:27 AM »
Just got it.  Should have known that Gavin would be all over posting it here
(somewhat)Patiently waiting

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 09:34:53 AM »
It is always great to get updates on the Plus and the company... no mention of the Empulse though. I like how Fisker gave us a glimpse of the Nina sedan before its official debut... hint hint.  ;) Give us Empulse preorderers some lovin too, we have been waiting the longest. Now is the time to start making buzz about the Empulse too.

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 09:48:06 AM »
Don't keep all of us who haven't recieved the email in the dark! Share, share!

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 09:50:50 AM »
Nothing in my email message box.   ???

Correction:  As I was typing this I received the email. My first in over a year.   :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:55:23 AM by Richard230 »
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Mr.Rodgers

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 09:51:47 AM »
This Issue

Enertia Plus
Pre-Orders

Hong Kong
Police

TTXGP Race Schedule

Connect

Website

Blog

Brammo Jobs

Dear __________,
There is a buzz in the air here at Brammo with the start of spring and the excitement of getting our cutting edge electric motorcycles on the street. We are also looking forward to this year's TTXGP/FIM race season and the defense of our National Championship title.

Brammo Enertia Plus
The Enertia has advanced a great deal since it was first introduced and the Enertia Plus is currently the highest performance Enertia available. Here are the key advancements that you will find in the 2012 Enertia Plus:
Brammo's racing success is based on taking technology to the limit and sometimes beyond, and the latest BMP 44/70 Brammo Power battery in the Enertia Plus was truly forged in the heat of racing competition. Inside the Enertia Plus there are now 2 large battery modules rather than the six smaller ones in the Enertia. The chemistry in the Enertia Plus is Lithium NCM (Nickel Cobalt Manganese Oxide), sometimes referred to as Lithium "mixed metal oxide". Well known for its safety and very good life cycle performance the Lithium NCM also has the benefit of greater energy density, which is how we achieve greater energy capacity for the same weight.

The new Enertia Plus motor controller allows for greater configuration options and more robust communications with the Brammo VCU.

There is a new forged triple clamp with much improved steering lock and slightly modified geometry and ergonomics - this results in reduced trail, plus the increased lock makes for a dramatic improvement to low-speed maneuverability without sacrificing stability at speed.

The handle bar position is now roughly 1" higher and 1" back towards the rider which was judged to be more comfortable for a variety of rider sizes. New cast aluminum headlamp brackets clean up the aesthetic of the front end and make servicing parts in that assembly much easier. The brackets also reposition the dash closer to the triple clamp and change the angle slightly. The new brackets were designed to accept accessories like the optional windscreen with a simple bolt-on kit.

An upgraded motor has been installed and while the power level is the same, the motor now features greater efficiency which reduces the heat generated, allowing more performance to be pulled out of the bike before it reaches thermal cutback temperature, at which point current delivery starts to be reduced.

The Enertia Plus now starts with the key switch and does not require the button press. The tank button has been replaced with a stylish aluminum Brammo bull head badge. The Enertia Plus also starts charging when plugged in to AC power. No special key position or steps are required.

Finally, there are new colors - Aluminium Silver, True Blood Red, Eclipsed Black, and Peacekeeping Blue.

The MSRP of the 2012 Enertia Plus is $10,995 and it can be financed for as little as $220 per month subject to credit approval. In addition the Brammo Enertia Plus is eligible for state incentives where applicable. For more information click here.

Hong Kong Police
The first Enertia Plus motorcycles will be heading to Hong Kong for use by the Hong Kong Government. The Brammo Enertia Plus motorcycles will be driven year-round by engineers in the Water Supplies Department to reach district service locations, while the Hong Kong Police Force will employ the 2012 Enertia Plus LE to conduct traffic duties in various city districts. The Enertia Plus LE (Law Enforcement) is based on the Brammo Enertia Plus civilian model, but is equipped with special features that tailor it for authority patrol use. All vehicles will be supplied through Brammo's exclusive dealer in Hong Kong, JCAM Advanced Mobility Company Ltd. (JCAM).

Brammo Racing
While the 2012 Brammo Empulse RR Race bike and sponsors are yet to be announced we are delighted to confirm that Brammo will be competing in every round of the North American TTXGP/FIM race series including the World Final in Daytona. And yes Steve Atlas will be riding the #1 bike. It's going to be an exciting year as we defend our North America Championship and make our first attempt at the World Championship. Here are the dates for your calendars:

TTXGP North America Championship 2012
Infineon Raceway May 04-05
Portland International Raceway June 23-24
Miller Motorsport Park August 31 - September 2
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca July 28-29

TTXGP World Final 2012
Daytona International Raceway
October 19-21

Having trouble reading this? View it in your browser. Not interested? Unsubscribe instantly.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:50:53 AM by Mr.Rodgers »

Mr.Rodgers

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »
And this:

- For Immediate Release -
Greg Lemhouse Joins Brammo to Lead Fleet Development

ASHLAND, Oregon. March 30th 2011.—Brammo Inc., a global leader in the electric vehicle industry, is proud to announce that Greg Lemhouse has joined Brammo as Director of Global Fleet Development.

Lemhouse, an Oregon native and Ashland resident, spent 17 years in law enforcement working in all facets of police work from leading specialized units and tactical training to commanding patrol and administrative divisions, before joining Brammo. Lemhouse is an experienced leader in law enforcement, currently serving as a City Councilor for the City of Ashland and as President of the Board of Directors for the Ashland Emergency Food Bank. Lemhouse brings a depth of proven and diverse experience, a passion for innovation and a desire to make a positive difference in people's lives that is consistent with Brammo's culture. Lemhouse said: "I am delighted to become part of an exciting and innovative company that is developing electric transportation for the benefit of the environment and for communities around the world."

About Brammo
Brammo Inc is a leading electric vehicle technology company headquartered in North America. Brammo designs and develops electric vehicles including the Enertia, Empulse and Engage motorcycles. Brammo is an OEM supplier of its innovative Brammo Digital Drivetrain™ systems including the Brammo Power™ battery pack and Brammo Power™ vehicle management system. Brammo has vehicle distribution and marketing operations in North America, Europe and Asia.For more information, please visit www.brammo.com The following are trademarks of Brammo, Inc. in the United States or other countries or both; Brammo®, Enertia®, Empulse®, Engage®, Encite®, Brammo Digital Drivetrain®, Brammo Power®, the Brammo logo and bulls head graphical device.

...then a nice little picture of the new guy

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 10:16:41 AM »
No real Enertia Plus information - basically a slightly re-worded version of the information released in the March 1 newsletter - which is a reword of the info related by thespecialone in Oct 2011 - or indeed in the wiki entry Brammofan posted in March 2011.

Brammo Racing
While the 2012 Brammo Empulse RR Race bike and sponsors are yet to be announced we are delighted to confirm that Brammo will be competing in every round of the North American TTXGP/FIM race series including the World Final in Daytona. And yes Steve Atlas will be riding the #1 bike. It's going to be an exciting year as we defend our North America Championship and make our first attempt at the World Championship. Here are the dates for your calendars:

I don't remember if Brammo had confirmed this before now.. but very cool : ) I'm really looking forward to Daytona.. hopefully Brammo will see some more regular competition - I'd like to see Brammo squeak out a tight win with a truly awesome race bike, not a win by default like last year..

An upgraded motor has been installed and while the power level is the same, the motor now features greater efficiency which reduces the heat generated, allowing more performance to be pulled out of the bike before it reaches thermal cutback temperature, at which point current delivery starts to be reduced.

Emphasis added. BrammoBrian has already stated the power specification will be increased from 17 hp to 22 hp. I'm really curious about the bike Wired tested.. I half-think the Enertia+ with its shorter gearing would be a pretty close match to my slightly heavier Zero S ZF9 in performance, at least up to 60 mph or so. Wondering if they have a full production version, since it seems the E+ final power ratings and gearing have just been hammered out.

I think we've pretty much settled on 65 mph as the "official" top speed.  Most riders should be able to slightly exceed this.  The bike pulls like a freight train from 30 to the top speed.  Power will be rated around 22 hp officially.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:18:51 AM by protomech »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »

I don't remember if Brammo had confirmed this before now.. but very cool : ) I'm really looking forward to Daytona.. hopefully Brammo will see some more regular competition - I'd like to see Brammo squeak out a tight win with a truly awesome race bike, not a win by default like last year..

I agree that I would love to see all the teams racing and a nice close finish...I slightly disagree that the win was by default...yes they didn't have the fastest bike...but there is something to be said about consistency...especially as somebody going to buy one of their bikes...I like that they raced every time without breakdowns or real issues...

Now I want them to race FASTER every time without breakdowns or issues... :)

Gavin

as for:

The bike pulls like a freight train from 30 to the top speed.  Power will be rated around 22 hp officially.

Can't wait to try it...the classic already is dang fast from 30 to top speed...might have to put stickem on my gloves to hold on if the Plus is that much quicker :)

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 10:57:37 AM »
I agree that I would love to see all the teams racing and a nice close finish...I slightly disagree that the win was by default...yes they didn't have the fastest bike...but there is something to be said about consistency...especially as somebody going to buy one of their bikes...I like that they raced every time without breakdowns or real issues...

Brammo's win was the definition (#3) of "win by default". Moto Electra was the ONLY team to show up and finish all three NA races with Brammo. That's not a cheap shot at Brammo - they brought the fastest reliable bike to every single race in the series. But they won because the fastest bikes declined to participate for more than a single race.

Lightning and Mission did show up for the first NA race, but neither started the race.

At Laguna Seca there was a very clear stratification of bikes and racers:

1. Mission Motors with Steve Rapp was head and shoulders above all the other bikes.
2. MotoCzysz and Lightning finished 40 seconds later.
3. Brammo, CRP and Muench finished 20 seconds later than the second tier above. Brammo had a fast bike and a fast rider, no mistake - from all accounts the fight for fourth place was pretty fierce. I would like to see all of the bikes start to move up to the level of Mission Motors in the coming years and push that fight for position up to the podium positions.
4. Moto Electra and the others were significantly slower. I don't know what the answer here is - there's a huge disparity in funding between the top and lower tier teams. Right now I don't think TTXGP can afford to turn teams away for lower performance; but I would expect as the field widens TTXGP will start to enforce a certain % of pole qualifying performance to start.

Last year I think TTXGP had some poor and short-lead communication with their race teams regarding race length - in a longer race as 2010, Brammo would have been more competitive. I'm sure Brammo will be making some different decisions this race season .. and I hope the other race teams will as well. As impressive as the Mission bike was last year, I think they would have a four-way fight this year.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 11:07:39 AM »
Most racing series seem to do the year-end winner as a combination of all races...

We know Brammo needs to get faster...we don't know what the other teams need to be more reliable...

This year should be fun (though I wonder about Daytona being the World Champion site...that race course seems boring compared to the others)..

gavin