Author Topic: Email time....4/9/2012---EMPULSE NEWS  (Read 7135 times)

Mr.Rodgers

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Email time....4/9/2012---EMPULSE NEWS
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 03:59:50 PM »
I got one, too.  I attributed it to the fact that I signed up as a Media person and am on the Pre-Order list.  So I figured I got one as a press release and one as a customer.

But, maybe they're just making up for some of the silence?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:11:22 AM by Mr.Rodgers »
(somewhat)Patiently waiting

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 04:07:16 PM »
Got it too...

I think two things:

One...yes they are trying to maintain closer communication

Two...they want to remind people that there will be a webcast, but that the LA reveal is Media only.

Gavin

my only "concern" is that this email does not mention the specs reveal set for next week...but I am likely reading too much into that...

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »
The difference between the two are:

The title:
- Brammo Empulse April 2012
- March 2012 Empulse Announcement

The intro:
- We are proud to announce ...
- As you may have already heard, we are proud to announce ...

There is no mention of the April 18 specs in the later email. I.e. this sentence is absent:
"On April 18th we will announce full specifications of this exciting milestone in the evolution of motorcycling, giving you every opportunity to become familiar with the Empulse before seeing it for the first time on May 8th."

I hope they are still on for the April 18 specs. :o
Richard #935 #595 #44

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »
I think Mr. Rodgers is right. Since I am not in the wait list anymore, I didn't get the first email. I only got this second one with much less information.

It's just Brammo giving their pre-order customers a special treatment, which is a nice touch.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Email time....4/9/2012---EMPULSE NEWS
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2012, 07:40:49 PM »
Let's hope. If they don't release specs on the 18th, I'm changing the name of the forum to the "Pissed Off Brammo Owner's Forum." >:(
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2012, 11:14:05 PM »
I'm sure they will...

G

machone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2012, 02:12:55 AM »
Got one too - thought it was going to be the first request for money at first, got excited, but then thought they had my name twice. Obviously the preorderers are just on the 'special' and regular mailing list.....feels good! :)

Zero sells replacement battery packs as well
Is that a new thing? When I test rode the zero S a few months ago a big negative, and what was driving my last post I suppose, was that I asked the guys there if I'd be able to replace the battery after 10 years or so when it was likely to be degraded. They replied yes, but it will be so expensive you'd be better off buying a new bike. They had no program to sell replacement batteries to S customers.

Just an aside, the Zero guys at Alkmaar, the European base, were really great sales people. They came across as pleasant, genuine enthusiasts. Even though I had big reservations about the bike - flat spot, dissappointing acceleration, insufficient range, not licenced for 2up, total bike lifed at around 10years....I still very nearly bought the bike because I liked the guys who were selling it! I think they're independant and hoping they sell the Brammo bikes too. I know they're on the pre-order list. If you're out there guys, nothing wrong with your sales technique!

I have never been at a video cast before, how does it work?
Not long now

Car Loss

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 08:29:09 AM »
The Brammo Battery Pack sounds like something that they would put into something like this:

[snip]

I assume that when Polaris invested in Brammo, one of the benefits would be access to their technology, including the battery pack. The more vehicles the battery pack goes into, the better! It will make the pack cheaper, and encourage development and improvements.

That's what I was figuring when I heard the Polaris announcement.  Compact work vehicles are now generically called "Cushmans", and Polaris would rather have people start calling them "Polarises" via Brammo's assets.  The market for "Cushmans", forklifts, cherry-pickers, and short-range ATVs (plus golf carts) is far, far huger than the market for highway-capable 2-wheelers. 

BTW, hello world!

Carlos