Author Topic: Brammo (Polaris) at IOM TT Zero 2015?  (Read 3834 times)

Ted Dillard

Brammo (Polaris) at IOM TT Zero 2015?
« on: April 09, 2015, 04:44:25 PM »
wuuut?  Looks like someone spilled the beans:

http://insideevs.com/brammo-see-iom-tt-zero/

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Brammo (Polaris) at IOM TT Zero 2015?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 05:27:58 PM »
Still really confusing if it's Polaris Brammo or Oregon Brammo (my money's on Oregon Brammo). Either way, DOOO EEET!!!

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 08:21:34 AM »
Couple quick impressions: They're sticking with a transmission, Icon, Brammo and Parker are still on board. Frame is kept over, but the battery packaging has changed? The fairing and subframe look amazing!

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 08:59:00 AM »
No transmission on the bike but I don't think the Brammo's last TT didn't have on either. Still wish the rear swing arm was on the Empulse. Maybe the battery is just different so that it can pull out all the cells as one package. So if needed they can just swap all the batteries real quick in a race. I'm looking forward to hearing more from victory about a production bike now they are showing their hand with a track bike.

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 09:16:02 AM »
No transmission on the bike but I don't think the Brammo's last TT didn't have on either. Still wish the rear swing arm was on the Empulse. Maybe the battery is just different so that it can pull out all the cells as one package. So if needed they can just swap all the batteries real quick in a race. I'm looking forward to hearing more from victory about a production bike now they are showing their hand with a track bike.
Thought I saw a shift lever, but you're right, no tranny. Between Victory fielding teams in the IOM and Pike's Peak, the smoke signals from Polaris are starting to take shape. Indian is going to be the retro cruiser/money printer, while Victory is getting shifted into the racier, more modern direction. Although with Indian's racing history, it's kind of a shame to keep the brand on the sidelines, I can't fault the business decision. Very, very exciting stuff, if Polaris starts devoting r&d resources to proper racing bikes and street versions there of.

Ted Dillard

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 09:24:41 AM »
yuppers: http://insideevs.com/victory-race-isle-man-rebranded-brammo-empulse/

update: Just found the Victory video and updated the post.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:41:22 AM by Ted Dillard »

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 11:26:04 AM »
More deets. I am getting zero work done today:
For starters, Gray says the new battery system now offers 20% greater capacity, or 17 kWh. The specially-built Parker GVM Internal Permanent Magnet motor is claimed to put out 150 hp and 162 lb.-ft. of torque. Battery packs feature revised internal packaging of the lithium-ion battery cells, Gray says, in order to deal with the shock and vibration associated with the TT’s 37-mile course. Parker, a longtime technical partner, developed new motor windings to “optimize power delivery and system efficiency,” and the new bike also receives a more sophisticated electronic control system and wiring harness that allows the team to “simulate runs on the track and tune for the actual race course virtually.” Gray also says the team developed “new motor controller torque and power configurations to ensure maximum performance.”

• New carbon fiber composite structural monocoque seat unit to improve ergonomics, reduce weight, and improve aerodynamic efficiency.
    Reinforced head tube area of main chassis to deal with increased bike mass under heavy braking loads.
    Aerodynamic enhancements to the bodywork, some elements of which have not yet been revealed in these photos.
    Updated OZ Racing forged magnesium race wheels.
    New US racing spec Dunlop tires.
http://www.motorcycle.com/features/victory-race-electric-prototype-isle-man-tt.html

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 12:04:07 PM »
How is 20% 10kWh equal to 17kWh? Thats more like a 70% increase. Also I wonder if they would ever be willing to offer the better batteries to current owners without having to buy a whole new bike.

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 12:13:39 PM »
How is 20% 10kWh equal to 17kWh? Thats more like a 70% increase. Also I wonder if they would ever be willing to offer the better batteries to current owners without having to buy a whole new bike.
Pretty sure they're comparing it to the Empulse RR, which had a 14 kWh battery. The question about being able to upgrade batteries is a great one, for electric bikes in general. Will manufacturers be on board with that, or will they make it as hard as possible in order to force people to buy new bikes?

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 12:39:55 PM »
Yea my bike needs repairs after I went down. I was gonna spend the premium to get woodcraft rear sets and clip ons. Now I'm thinking about waiting and trading it in for a newer one if its gonna have 17kWh batteries. My biggest gripe about this bike is there are too many times I can't ride it like I stole it because I'm afraid I'll drain it to fast to make it home.

Ted Dillard

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 01:12:24 PM »
More deets. I am getting zero work done today

I read this as "Zero" work, and was trying to figure out how this was working for Zero...   :o  I wish I could say I needed more coffee, but that's not the case.

...Pretty sure they're comparing it to the Empulse RR, which had a 14 kWh battery....

For sure.  In my story I linked a "review" of the 2014 RR, and they were saying it had 14kWh.  The Mugen, for example, was rumored to have 20kWh, and a bigger pack this year.  The word I got from someone who is in the know, but shall remain nameless, is even 17kWh won't be enough.  "Lamesauce" was the actual quote.   ;)

...thinking about waiting and trading it in for a newer one if its gonna have 17kWh batteries. ...

Yeah, my guess is it's gonna be a stretch to be able to buy an RR in any form, no less upgraded packs, from Victory in anything like a reasonable amount of time.  I know people have bought them, but that was Brammo and that was when they needed to sell anything they could.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 01:20:10 PM by Ted Dillard »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 02:49:22 PM »
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 03:19:26 PM »
478 lbs /w 17kWh! Thats crazy considering the Empulse is about that weight w/9.3 kWh.

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 05:43:45 PM »
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.