Author Topic: Ram mount for phone using Universal X-Grip on fork stem for GPS  (Read 1053 times)

cybergodzilla

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
I use my CyberCycle for long trips that have me adjusting speed to make it to my destination, like to Hollywoodelectrics.com for their monthly ride. Getting lost wastes precious energy, so I'll be testing this new mount from Ram Mounts to navigate me to new adventures.
The handlebars clamps would get in the way of the ignition. But the Fork Stem base was made for 0.500" through 1.100" The solution was to Lathe the assembly down to 0.440" including little taper on the rubber fitting. The phone is an Galaxy S5 Active with Defender case. I'll post more information later.
2014 Empulse =D
2014 CBR650F B-)
2014 CFR250L =O

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
Re: Ram mount for phone using Universal X-Grip on fork stem for GPS
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 07:08:06 PM »

I've been using the X Grip for phones for almost a year now alternately on my cruiser and Empulse R.  The
RAM Handlebar Rail Mount with Zinc Coated U-Bolt
fits either handlebar just fine without modification.
2013 ICON Brammo EBoz Spec 32 (#6)
2012 Current Motor Super Scooter
2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 12:07:05 PM »
I went with the Handlebar Bolt Ball (Part No. RAM-B-367U) and the Universal Finger Grip Cell Phone Holder (Part No. RAM-HOL-UN4U).  Both work great.  I chose the Universal Finger Grip because it can hold my ham radio or my phone.

cybergodzilla

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 09:46:18 AM »
I didn't know what the Handlebar setups would look like, but Wow! Those look great! Had I seen those pictures, I may not have gone through the trouble of modifications.
I do like the location I have my phone though, but the Finger-Grip Holder definitely looks sturdy. Thanks for the new ideas! =)
2014 Empulse =D
2014 CBR650F B-)
2014 CFR250L =O