Author Topic: Brammo Spied?  (Read 5267 times)

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Brammo Spied?
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2012, 01:28:26 AM »
Perhaps they follow the BMW naming conventions where "R" means a naked Roadster style bike (see R1100R for example).

If so, then the Empulse could be the faired version?
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

machone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2012, 05:26:14 AM »
I love it!

Love it!

Luuuuuuuuuv it!  ;D

Mine's a black one!!
Not long now

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2012, 07:43:51 AM »
As nice as the spy shots are, the glamour shots next monday should be much better : )

flar: interesting idea .. that would position the R at the bottom of the spec list, since I doubt they would want people to choose between fairing and high-buck bits.

I still think they should sell a smaller battery version to lower the cost of entry a bit. They need volume to cover the IET development costs (even if those are largely borne by SMRE) .. and I don't think they'll get it by selling high-end bikes only.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:47:27 AM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2012, 09:33:21 AM »
Mine's a black one!!

There really isnt much to paint anymore... part of the tank, thats it, unless they sell a full fairing version (which they should). Would be really cool to have an easily swappable piece :). Could go black, white, or red (those are the color choices, right?) just by swapping that part out. Well, then there is the red seat accents, and the wheel accents too.

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2012, 10:03:23 AM »
I don't think anyone would want to name their bikes the way BMW does. Like why does my F650GS actually have an 800cc motor and why does the new BMW C600 scooter (whose market introduction has been delayed due to technical problems) actually have a 650cc motor?   ::)

I think you will find that "R" is used to describe a "race replica" that uses premium brakes, suspension units and other fancy chassis components, compared to the regular (and presumably lower-priced) Empulse.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2012, 12:58:02 PM »
More pics at:
http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2012/brammo-empulse-r-spied-photos

UPDATE: No, it's not there anymore.  I guess they got bit by the copyright cops.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:40:15 AM by Brammofan »
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2012, 01:14:03 PM »
Can anybody tell me about that thing that it sticking out of the back of the bike? The thing with the break lights, turn signal and licence plate.

• Is that some kind of mud guard?
  • How much weight can that thing take? I.e. Can a strap luggage to it? Can I at least use it as an anchor point for bungee cords?
  • What's up with all that clearance? Does it have to be so high off the back tire, or is that just a style thing?
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 01:40:11 PM »
Can anybody tell me about that thing that it sticking out of the back of the bike? The thing with the break lights, turn signal and licence plate.

• Is that some kind of mud guard?
  • How much weight can that thing take? I.e. Can a strap luggage to it? Can I at least use it as an anchor point for bungee cords?
  • What's up with all that clearance? Does it have to be so high off the back tire, or is that just a style thing?
Ha... that's the thing that has the brake lights, turnsignals and license plate.  I doubt that it can hold anything substantial.

Compare with the Kawasaki Ninja:
[smg id=329 width=300]

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »
1. The Belly Pan...I wonder if it can be removed...I've removed quite a few parts on my scooters that are either cosmetic or there for this or that reason (protect the company from a lawsuit or silly stuff like that)....

almost all cosmetic plastic comes off my rides....

now this pan might be metal and used so the Empulse can use a flat bike stand. or it may be protecting important internals...

it the former, it can come off...if the latter, well it probably should stay...I said probably, not has too :)

2. Rear light holder....if it is like the Enertia, it can't really hold any real weight. As an anchor point it might be useable. It might be a federal regulation thing or it could be a way to protect from mud splatting on the passenger.

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2012, 01:44:09 PM »
And, just so you know what we're talking about, here it is:*
[smg id=330 width=300]

Photo Credit: Eugene Sergienko for Brenda Priddy & Company. Copyright 2012

* I think that, if we are careful to NOT show any more than a small fraction of the bike, we'll probably be okay as far as copyright issues.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:39:14 AM by Brammofan »

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2012, 03:16:05 PM »
Brammo's announcement cited pannier and topbox, so I'm curious how they're gonna attach. And how easy they'll be to take off and on.

Certainly the taillight support doesn't appear fit for any heavy duty.

My SWMBO probably won't be very happy with that pillion. But I reckon that's what the whole custom seat industry is all about... $igh.

While I liked the 3 parallel lines and skinny belly of the prototype, I think moving the radiator down low is a good idea: coolant and metal are heavy, so it now helps lower the COG. And the scoops on the side looks like they'll funnel a lot more air into the radiator in this position than when it was higher. Looks like I'll be adding a rock screen to it, however, since the fender looks minimal.

Guess I'm just adjusting my perspective to the world of sport bikes!

Mostly, however, I just wanna ride it!

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »
Mostly, however, I just wanna ride it!

+1...

I don't even like sports bikes and I want to ride it....

:)

gavin

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »
I hope the fairing option (if there is one) just looks like the race bike.  Just drill two holes in the front and add small LED headlights.

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2012, 04:53:14 PM »
I find the rear shock position interesting. That shock is really laid down. It must use some sort of linkage to work at that angle.   ???
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2012, 11:18:38 AM »
I also compared it to a photo of my current ride (SV650), and the geometry seems fairly similar, which was something I'm hoping for.  I really like seating position on my SV650.  Does anyone know who the rider is, and how tall they are?

Someone posting on the automedia.com site is saying "That would be Steveo there ttxgp racer" in the pictures.  Can anyone tell me how tall Steveo is? 

the word is--about 5'6"--

Gavin