Author Topic: Brammo End of Summer sale -  (Read 5367 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo End of Summer sale -
« on: August 22, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »
Just noticed this new page on the website:
http://www.brammo.com/us-incentives/
For a limited time, receive incredible end of season discounts including 3.9%* 4.14% APR financing for up to 60 months when you purchase select Brammo models.

Purchase a new 2013 Brammo Empulse for $9995 and receive financing as low as 3.9%* 4.14% APR for up to 60 months.

(Chart here ... see the webpage)

Example: On a purchase where the Amount Financed is $9,995, your Down Payment is $1,500 with 60 monthly payments of $156.99 each. Interest Rate is 3.9% [ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE is 4.14% (E)]. A down payment is not required except for marginal credit but will result in a higher payment amount. For other Amounts Financed, the payment would be approximately $18.38 per $1,000 financed.
[“E” means estimate.]
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Brammo End of Summer sale -
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 05:38:45 PM »
OMG those prices!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:04:04 PM »
:o

That's not a limited-time incentive, that's a fire sale. It's limited to the US, but there's a similar price reduction in the ROW (rest of world) here:
http://www.brammo.com/eu-incentives/

If you're looking for your nearest Brammo dealer - and you should be - here's a map of dealer locations.
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zzt5Hf2d_rIk.kEvOcCXhcc_U

Reminds me a little of the Enertia price cut back in 2009, although that was not being pitched as a limited-time offer. Also interesting is Brammo's interest in selling 150k of the 1M EVs Obama wanted to put on the road by 2015.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/750/5031/Motorcycle-Article/Brammo-Electric-Motorcycle-Cut-to--7995.aspx

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:53:25 PM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 06:40:28 PM »
Sweet sweet sweet deal...I am envious...

G

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 09:16:24 PM »
IMO this will clear out existing inventory .. and it'll be hard to go back without introducing a radically different product. Maybe we'll see an RR production bike and a shift to a more upscale market.

It's hard to go back to charging $19k for the R after cutting prices by $5k, unless there's a significant change ahead.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 09:22:58 PM »
WOAH! 9995 for a new Empulse!? OMG I have to update the TCO calculator! TCO is gonna spank ICEs!
These prices are game changing!

Update: Updated: http://bit.ly/1t18RBX
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:27:59 PM by EmpulseRider »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 10:59:10 PM »
I agree, proto. It reminded me of the Enertia price drop, too. If I could afford a divorce, I'd be all over this.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 11:24:19 PM »
Pricing is now inline with what they originally planned to sell them for 10k, 12k, 14k but these all have the bigger battery. Brammo may have decided to raise the price to manage initial sales volumes in case there were any nasty recalls. This would also give them time to expand their dealership network and optimize the supply chain before going full bore on sales.

I hope they are also making room for the RR.

BTW, where has 860 gone? I know he was waiting for a price drop to buy...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:37:05 PM by EmpulseRider »

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 03:28:29 AM »
Wow! An Empulse for less than €10.000 including VAT is an amazing deal! (Consumers here only look at prices including VAT)

I can see many commuters doing their calculations again right now.

Regarding timing of this incentive for EU: I think it is perfect timing because they are starting to get some serious dealers now! If they would have done this introduction price in January than nobody could even test ride one. (Although it would have saved me €5k ;D)

Too bad that the riding weather is so horrible over here now. People must test ride these things!
Once you go EV, gas is history!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 11:34:32 AM »
Pretty much a 30-40% price cut across the board. EU price cuts are a little bit larger even, though only the 2014 bike is available. The 2013 Enertia Plus in the US also got a significant price cut, dropping it below the price of the Enertia Classic.

Pricing in the EU is before VAT, but this brings it very close to pricing parity for comparable gas bikes.

Consider pricing in Germany.
2014 Empulse €7,995 + 19% VAT = €9,514
2014 Triumph Street Triple ABS incl VAT = €8,440
2014 Ducati Monster 696 incl VAT = €8,790

Some thoughts:

1. This will swing many potential buyers that were undecided but serious, and pull forward a lot of purchasing decisions. Great for Brammo in the short term - they'll sell every bike they have already built. The primary goal might be to clear inventory, as I suspect the 2009 Enertia price cuts were intended.

2. Brammo's future sales are going to be hurt, if they simply introduce a 2015 Empulse with small tweaks at the original $16995 / $18995 pricing. Either Brammo will need to institutionalize some portion of the price cuts or introduce a significantly different new product in the future (RR, for example). Maybe a 2015 bike with ABS and 6 kW onboard charging would be sufficiently different.

Consider the price cuts to the original iPhone. Apple introduced the iPhone in January 2007 at $499 (4GB) and $599 (8GB), carrier-subsidized pricing. The phone was available in July 2007, and in September 2007 Apple dropped the 4GB model and cut prices on the 8GB model to $399 (again, subsidized).

Early buyers were not pleased - perhaps unreasonably so. Apple quickly extended a $100 credit to early buyers.

In June 2008 Apple introduced the iPhone 3G at new [subsidized] price points: $199 (8GB) and $299 (16GB).

I'm not sure Brammo can institutionalize the price cuts for the Empulse going forward. I vaguely recall a Brammo employee (who shall remain nameless ;)) saying there wasn't a ton of profit on the Empulse at launch. It's likely that the assembly process has been refined in the ~20 months the Empulse has been on sale, and Brammo may have been able to negotiate better pricing arrangements with its component suppliers. So we'll see.

3. Zero's pricing edge is gone. Even comparing only 2014 bikes, the 2014 Empulse is $11995, below the least expensive Zero S ZF8.5 at $12995. I think this only really matters for markets that are covered by both Brammo dealers and Zero dealers, and I think Zero has generally done a good job moving their 2014 bikes to this point. Zero may have to respond with a similar price cut to continue selling their 2014 bikes.

4. I want one :x

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 02:52:17 PM »
I'm happy my purchase got delayed. I'm getting this deal now! It's getting delivered on Tuesday. It's worth the 2 week delay now!

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 04:31:22 PM »
I can't think of a reason why Brammo would lower their prices to such an extent.  I can't recall any motor vehicle company offering such an MSRP discount for any current or leftover model over the past 52 years of being a motorcycle customer.

I am really looking forward to see what follows this announcement.  Personally, I don't think Zero will cut their prices (they never have before, to my recollection).  However, they may just stop making 2014 models and hope that Brammo runs out of product quickly and doesn't make those prices similar for the 2015 bikes.  If they had to match those prices, I think their private investors would bail out.  There is no way they could make a profit by selling Zeros at those prices.  Plus, their dealers (many who are not all that happy about selling Zeros, anyway) will be throwing a fit if they get stuck with the bikes and can't move them off the floor.  I believe that Zero makes their dealers buy the bikes from the factory before they are shipped to the showroom. 

I emailed my Zero dealer with the sale information and asked if they had any comment.  None yet.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 06:05:49 PM »
I'm curious to know how many they are actually going to sell at this price. Let say they sell 30-40 bikes at this price. That's only like a 200K loss (maybe), that's not bad for an advertising budget to get more people out there seeing and talking about their bikes. Just seems like a black Friday kind of sale to raise awareness.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 06:15:56 PM »
Great news for littlefreak!

G

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 07:45:06 PM »
Perhaps the reason that Brammo is having a big sale is that the prices of their bikes next year will be lower than this year.  :)  According to this article by Clean Rider the cost of lithium batteries is dropping rapidly and we all know that will have a huge effect on all EV prices.  That is good news for everyone in the EV industry, especially consumers:

http://cleanrider.com/price-lithium-batteries-declining-faster-expected/
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.