Author Topic: Who Owns a Victory Empulse TT ????  (Read 18301 times)

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Who Owns a Victory Empulse TT ????
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 12:47:05 PM »
Some really valuable information there....  Your Mt. Hamilton run on 55% is quite impressive....  Thanks for the additional forum info, I was unaware....  I live in South San Jose, my hope is that I can make it to Alice's and back on a single charge....  I plan on working up to it....  I need to develop some confidence in this battery thing....

shayan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 03:02:53 PM »
I've heard a lot about Alice's but never been there. Apparently the charger there was removed? I read this on one of the forums. I live in South San Jose too.
Rides on CA-1 would be good and i've heard a lot about Calaveras Rd too, but never been on that road much. Good thing bay area has so many L2 chargers!

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 06:04:07 PM »
I've heard a lot about Alice's but never been there. Apparently the charger there was removed? I read this on one of the forums. I live in South San Jose too.
Rides on CA-1 would be good and i've heard a lot about Calaveras Rd too, but never been on that road much. Good thing bay area has so many L2 chargers!

Alice's has a 240V outlet on the wall of their gas station and a couple of 120V outlets accessible from outside of their facilities.  Up until this summer they allowed charging of electric motorcycles for their customers.  That was until a couple of Zero riders plugged into their L2 outlet and blew up the restaurant's old electrical system, shutting down the gas stations pumps and impacting the restaurant, too.  Now all of their outlets have signs on them saying "no EV charging allowed".  :(
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 06:07:33 PM »
You have to go to Alice's Restaurant !!!!  During the summer months on Saturday of Sunday there will be as many as 100 motorcycles there at any given time.  Everything from choppers to sport bikes.  It's major fun just talking with folks, kicking tires and listening to the lies !!!! 

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 08:33:54 PM »
You have to go to Alice's Restaurant !!!!  During the summer months on Saturday of Sunday there will be as many as 100 motorcycles there at any given time.  Everything from choppers to sport bikes.  It's major fun just talking with folks, kicking tires and listening to the lies !!!!

Things have changed a lot at Alice's this year, at least on Sunday mornings when I go there with a couple of friends for breakfast.  Now the parking lot is filled up with cars and a lot of families are having breakfast. If you ride a motorcycle you have to wedge your bike among the cars and trucks that arrive around 8am. Just a few motorcycle riders show up now, at least during the morning. One reason may be that the lot across the street, where many motorcycles used to park has been taken over by the adjacent event center, with "no parking" signs posted all around the now vacant lot. It used to be that hundreds of motorcycle riders would descend upon Sky Londa, but no more.  The auto drivers now outnumber bikers and parking has become a challenge at times.  :(
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

shayan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2016, 02:54:27 AM »
Thats a big bummer. Have any of you tried riding to Yosemite? I know it will be a long day riding, Maybe it can be done over 3 days (including spending one day at the park).

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2016, 07:28:29 PM »
Thats a big bummer. Have any of you tried riding to Yosemite? I know it will be a long day riding, Maybe it can be done over 3 days (including spending one day at the park).
I would recommend against riding to Yosemite, unless to prove it can be done. A hitch carrier and harbor freight trailer will set you back $500 give or take. Trailer it there, find some loops around charging stations, have a blast! That's what I did last year trailering it to Smokey Mountains and had a blast.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2016, 04:34:01 PM »
Finally getting a PIC up of the new Empulse TT....  In it's original condition, prior to adding a small windscreen and sliders....  Very happy with it so far....

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2016, 06:53:40 PM »
That looks great!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2016, 12:47:16 PM »
Maintenance Question:  I usually put a motorcycle (absent a center stand) in a front wheel chock and lift the rear via a frame member (with appropriate m/c jack) to service and adjust the chain.  I am seeing nothing under the rear of the Empulse TT that looks appropriate (strong enough) for a lifting point.  How are you guys doing chain maintenance ????

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2016, 04:47:59 PM »
Maintenance Question:  I usually put a motorcycle (absent a center stand) in a front wheel chock and lift the rear via a frame member (with appropriate m/c jack) to service and adjust the chain.  I am seeing nothing under the rear of the Empulse TT that looks appropriate (strong enough) for a lifting point.  How are you guys doing chain maintenance ????

Spools threaded into the swingarm 8 mm receptacles. I lift with (and like) a Pit Bull rear stand:

https://www.amazon.com/Pit-Bull-SS-Rear-Stand/dp/B0024OBU3G

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2016, 10:21:25 PM »
Sounds like a plan....  I hadn't even noticed the spool mounts on the swingarm....  The only thing that bothers me is that the manual says the swingarm should be static (unloaded) when adjusting the chain?

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Who Owns a Victory Empulse TT ????
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2016, 04:05:15 AM »
Congrats.  I live in Santa Cruz. I have 2014 Empulse R.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2016, 03:00:40 PM »
Sounds like a plan....  I hadn't even noticed the spool mounts on the swingarm....  The only thing that bothers me is that the manual says the swingarm should be static (unloaded) when adjusting the chain?

I don't believe that a spool lift adds any load to the suspension.  The bike is already supported by (and the suspension is between the main frame and) the rear sub-frame.  But the sub-frame is normally connected to the ground through the rear wheel/tire.  You are only changing the way that the sub-frame is connected to the ground, from the wheel to the jack.  I believe that they mean "don't sit on the bike" or "don't suspend it by the main frame" when adjusting the chain.
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

shayan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2016, 04:21:32 PM »
How much of an effort is it to fit in the competition werkes fender eliminator?
Do i have to cut wires and stuff? Anyone tried it on the TT?