Author Topic: Who Owns a Victory Empulse TT ????  (Read 18290 times)

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Who Owns a Victory Empulse TT ????
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 05:54:09 PM »
Sounds like a plan....  I hadn't even noticed the spool mounts on the swingarm....  The only thing that bothers me is that the manual says the swingarm should be static (unloaded) when adjusting the chain?

I don't believe that a spool lift adds any load to the suspension.  The bike is already supported by (and the suspension is between the main frame and) the rear sub-frame.  But the sub-frame is normally connected to the ground through the rear wheel/tire.  You are only changing the way that the sub-frame is connected to the ground, from the wheel to the jack.  I believe that they mean "don't sit on the bike" or "don't suspend it by the main frame" when adjusting the chain. 

I'm going your way....  No way around it as far as I can see....  Can pull up on the rear to make sure it is totally unloaded before making a chain adjustment easily enough....  Totally appreciate your help....  Will be purchasing the Pit Bull (agreed, looks awesome) from Revzilla (free shipping) very soon....  thanks again....

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 06:11:18 PM »
I've taken the beast out on a couple of spirited rides over the last several weeks....  The thing is totally quick and handles like a true sport bike !!!!  The last was about 70 miles through the twisties and I came home on fumes (ahhh very little battery) !!!!

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2017, 04:15:48 PM »
I don't know what the Victory Owner's Manual says for the chain specs, but several of us have found that the Brammo spec was too tight.

I like the chain on all my bikes to be on the loose side to put less strain on the bearings. I go for what "looks right" which is about an inch of play in the chain on my Brammo Empulse. I've never thrown a chain and the original lasted about 15K miles. I now have a Tutoro chain oiler and have easily exceeded that figure at 36K miles with almost no adjustments past the break-in period.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2017, 05:28:09 PM »
I don't know what the Victory Owner's Manual says for the chain specs, but several of us have found that the Brammo spec was too tight.

I like the chain on all my bikes to be on the loose side to put less strain on the bearings. I go for what "looks right" which is about an inch of play in the chain on my Brammo Empulse. I've never thrown a chain and the original lasted about 15K miles. I now have a Tutoro chain oiler and have easily exceeded that figure at 36K miles with almost no adjustments past the break-in period.

The Victory Empulse TT Manual says that the free play should not exceed 17mm (about 2/3 inch), checked with hand force only of about 1kg (2.2 pounds) up and down-- at lower chain, center between sprockets.  They do not cite a minimum which seems odd. 

Do you check yours resting on the side stand or in some other manner?  I agree with your bearing concern....

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2017, 02:48:04 AM »
I check the chain tension with the bike on the rear stand so I can rotate the rear wheel and check at different places, since the sprocket is slightly out of perfectly concentric. I make sure the tightest spot is loose enough.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2017, 10:30:02 AM »
I check the chain tension with the bike on the rear stand so I can rotate the rear wheel and check at different places, since the sprocket is slightly out of perfectly concentric. I make sure the tightest spot is loose enough.

5 Stars - makes sense and is practical - much thanks....

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2017, 11:50:14 PM »
Now that Victory will be no more  :'(
Does anyone know how many TT's were built and sold. I imagine the number should be pretty low...?
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »
Now that Victory will be no more  :'(
Does anyone know how many TT's were built and sold. I imagine the number should be pretty low...?

Polaris seems to be very guarded about disclosing the number of units of any product that they sell.  From talking with dealers, I would agree that you are probably right on a low number of TT sales.  Articles I have read suggest that Polaris has more in mind for the Brammo technology than motorcycles though.  ATV's for farm use and such have been discussed very favorably.  AND, it would not surprise me in the least if you saw a Polaris (Brammo) Indian badged electric bike on the starting grid at Pikes Peak next season.  I think that Polaris and most would agree-- this electric thing is here to stay and just getting started....  I don't believe that Polaris is done with the Brammo tech by any stretch of the imagination--they paid a ton for it....  Hopefully, this will be good for us in the end....

shayan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2017, 01:21:39 PM »
Here's an excerpt from one of the interviews with an executive at Polaris on Brammo patents and tech:

Meanwhile Polaris may yet rebrand the Victory Empulse line of electric motorcycles it acquired from Brammo. "All Brammo patents, technology, intellectual property and Polaris enhancements remain the property of Polaris," a spokesman confirmed to Carscoops, "and will be applied to other products and business units as appropriate."

So, as u said EV tech wont most likely die and i wouldnt be surprised with an Indian version sometime in the future. Maybe to start with, they may continue the pikes peak Empulse or the even the TTZero version!

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2017, 02:56:31 PM »
Maintenance Question:  I usually put a motorcycle (absent a center stand) in a front wheel chock and lift the rear via a frame member (with appropriate m/c jack) to service and adjust the chain.  I am seeing nothing under the rear of the Empulse TT that looks appropriate (strong enough) for a lifting point.  How are you guys doing chain maintenance ????

Spools threaded into the swingarm 8 mm receptacles. I lift with (and like) a Pit Bull rear stand:

https://www.amazon.com/Pit-Bull-SS-Rear-Stand/dp/B0024OBU3G

I ordered 8mm spools and a Pit Bull Swing-Arm Stand  (SS Model) as you suggested....  Absolutely awesome and does the job perfectly....  Much thanks....
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:56:16 AM by Ultratoad »

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2017, 06:03:28 PM »
I carry a Dyna-Plug puncture kit and mini-compressor on my "stink bikes" for flat tire emergencies.  The compressor simply hooks up to the 12V battery via a small two lead harness.  Anyway of doing the same on an Empulse TT ????

TT000090

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2017, 11:15:48 AM »
I recently bought a 2016 Empulse TT - Because at this discounted price, why not? :)  I'm located north of Atlanta, but haven't found anyone else in Georgia with an EM...?  If you're out there, give me a shout. <crickets> lol

I've read thru the comments here, but no one seems to know how many of these bikes were produced?  I've looked everywhere online and haven't found a VIN over 200...?
KEEP IT CLEAN!  Cheers, Jason

noone1569

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »
I'll be headed through your area next weekend for a track day at JenningsGP on Friday.  Come down and join me!

TT000090

• View Profile
    • Email
Who Owns a Victory Empulse TT ????
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2017, 08:46:15 AM »
I'll be headed through your area next weekend for a track day at JenningsGP on Friday.  Come down and join me!

Are you using your Brammo @ JenningsGP?  Do they have a 240 plug for L2 EVSE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KEEP IT CLEAN!  Cheers, Jason

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2017, 07:00:16 PM »
The never ending saga with Victory/Polaris !!!!  I bought a 2016 Empulse TT in 2016, fully expecting to receive the Federal IRS EV tax credit (10%)....  My tax agent and I (CA) have since discovered that Victory applied for the EV list with the Feds in January 2016, but never followed through !!!!  I called Victory and Polaris today (spend several hours on the phone) and I am here to tell you-- neither has a speck of business sense about their products, or a clue about customer service !!!!  They sold these things, telling those that would listen, about all the tax credits-- they lied !!!!  I love the bike (Brammo did good, not Victory) and those smart enough at Victory to buy it....  But, the rest of this is Cr#p !!!!  Anybody else have any clues ????
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 07:05:36 PM by Ultratoad »